HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
Mary Anne in TX
Senior Member
 
Mary Anne in TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,357
You know what, Barbara? I was awake so much in the night thinking about your question. I take the thyroid meds to have any energy and feel human and I take blood pressure meds to keep my BP in the high normal range to protect myself from a stroke or heart attack and so that I can stay on herceptin. I had to laugh somewhere in the night as I thought about the insanity of all the crazy med problem solving I'm doing. I do believe the HRT and thyroid meds I took might have been a culprit, but I will also admit that I have never felt as good in all my years as I did that 2 years! Never!!! I felt sooooo great those 2 years. I do think it would be helpful to others for someone to figure this out. There are so many who struggle with the whys. I did! thanks for the question. ma
__________________
MA in TX.
Grateful for each and every day....

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter