HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #9
kcherub
Senior Member
 
kcherub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 292
Gosh, ya'll. Thanks so much. I just want to cry you are all so sweet. I left a message with my ONC this morning, and am waiting to hear back from them. I did try an "experiment" this morning--I took a full .25 (huge dose, I know LOL) Xanax, and haven't been feeling as breathless. I guess everything is just getting to me (all at once). It would be nice if there was some sort of "stress prize" for people (and their families) with cancer. We should get a "pass" on everything else that stresses us out.

I seem to be living in 30-day cycles...I have some "issue", then find out it's nothing and have a few weeks of not really worrying. Then, something comes up that could be something related to cancer. Why can't I have some symptom that in NO WAY could be related to cancer? It is true--you totally forget what normal aches, pains and symptoms are. It sucks a big butt. Giggle, giggle.

Bill--no worries on the smoking "lecture". I have tried the patch (which worked wonderfully, but made me break out so bad I had to stop), the gum (which made me throw up), and the lozenge, which didn't work and gave me heartburn. I told my husband it would be nice if they could put me in a drug-induced coma for about three weeks, and when I woke up, wouldn't want a cigarette! I was planning on quitting last March 26, the day we were supposed to see our RE to plan on another baby. Instead, I was having a biopsy that day. Yuck. I do have my eyes on the prize, and know that I will kick it eventually.

Have a great day everyone!
__________________
Krista
Diagnosed 3/29/2007 @ age 34
Stage 1, Node Neg. (SNB), Grade 2, 1.4 cm. IDC
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Begin Herceptin alone 9/28/2007
30 rads completed 12/19/2007
Finish Herceptin 5/9/2008
Stopped Tamoxifen early--HATED it.
Married 17 years
13-year old son
3 embies on ice (from 1999)
GA, USA

kcherub is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter