HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
carstell
Senior Member
 
carstell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madison Wisconsin
Posts: 38
I was 40 when I was diagnosed. I didn't have the option to wait 3-6 months, But would not have been able to. I was sent right from mammogram to ultrasound to biopsy. I would push to see a surgeon.We are getting diagnosed younger and younger. If nothing else go for peace of mind.
Cheryl
__________________
10/23/07 first ever mammo turned 40
11/9 biopsy
11/12 dx ILC 1.5cm er/pr+, her2/neu+
11/20 MRI
11/30 biopsy
12/3 another ILC area 8mm
12/21 lft mastectomy with expander placement
12/26 NODES NEGATIVE! However not 2 small tumors.1 bigger one4x3x3.Also DCIS and LCIS noted.grade II,stage IIa.
1/29/08 port placed
1/31 BRCA negative
A/C Done.Taxol DONE
Herceptin every 3 weeks for 1 year
Tamoxifin for 5 years
New left Boob-7/29/08
carstell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #2
Linda
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 143
Breast center near Bev Hills

I had my surgery at the Joyce Eisenberg Keefer Breast Center at St. John's hospital in Santa Monica (right next to Bev Hills.) I can't say enough good things about this practice. They do surgery and dx.
The head of the Center is Dr. Armando Giuliano, who pioneered the sentinal node biopsy. If your friend can't get an appointment with him, I would feel totally comfortable with one of his partners.
I've also heard good things, by the way, about City of Hope. Let me know if you need more info.
Linda
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Andrea Barnett Budin
Senior Member
 
Andrea Barnett Budin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Posts: 1,904
Wink

I knew I could count on my Sisters! Thank you Margerie, Cheryl and Linda for your suggestions. I have forwarded all to my dghtr and friend.

Such a scary time for any woman, as we all are too keenly aware. Your kindness is deeply appreciated.

May each of you be well and healthy. As you give, so you will receive. This young woman asked that I personally express her deep appreciation for coming to her aid.

This is one fabulous group, as I have always said...

With love,

Andi

Thanks for the bump, Pinkie! We each do what we can... Together we are soooo awesome!
__________________
Andi BB
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter