HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
Cannon
Senior Member
 
Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 203
I guess so - can you tell me more about that? Thanks.

Rebecca
__________________
Dx 8/06 Age 43 Stage IIIA multifocal throughout breast, largest tumor 5 cm, grade 3, comedo, ER+PR+HER+++
Neoadjuvant A/C 4X Dose Dense
11/06 Bilateral Mastectomy (no choice on the right, my choice on the left)
Taxol+Herceptin weekly x12, continuing with Herceptin, finished one year in 12/07
33 Rads
Femara for 5+ years, staying on (started with Arimidex, switched after about a month, much happier)
Abnormal brain MRI shows no cancer, but "extensive white matter diease" - unknown cause
BRCA negative - lots of cancer in my family
survivor of thyroid cancer
also have Crohn's disease
CT and bone scan say NED as of 5/13
dx with severe cardiomyopathy 5/12 (likely due to chemo and Herceptin), ejection fraction in low 20's, now up to 40, went to 50, latest read 12/13 is back down to 35
1/13 Acute pancreatitis - are you kidding me?
9/13 started Humira for Crohn's. starting to have some energy again
B12 and Vit D both needed supplementation
Cataracts in both eyes noted 6/12 - surgery in the next 2-4 years?
4/14 Kidney stones/blockage/infection - related to Crohn's Disease
5/14 My aunt passed away - she was diagnosed after I was with Stage I - not Her2+, then Stage 4 for about one year
6/14 Scans - still NED, thank God. However, broken rib (I didn't notice) lots of bone degeneration osteopenia/osteoporosis. I also still have cardiomyopathy secondary to chemo.
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
Jean
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,154
Hi Rebecca,
Yes, I was tested for TOPO 11.
When I was at the SABCS Dr. Slamon spoke again about the TOPO 11 test and the benefit of the test would be for those patients that have not had
treatment yet. If you are TOPO 11 positive than A/C chemo would be
the better treatment, if TOPO 11 negative then A/C chemo would not
chosen. Women who are TOPO 11 positive and Her2 would have a greater benefit from the A/C.

I was TOPO 11 negative and was tested by Dr. Slamon 2006 he advised
TCH which I did. He also advised that the TCH trials showed a small
difference between the A/C and TCH treatment I think it was a 3% difference and the TCH treatments did not increase heart risk to the patient.

I am glad this has been FINALLY approved by the FDA since in S.A.
one top Onc. was stating to Dr. Slamon on the panel one night that this test was not approved by our FDA (she was from France). Glad
that NOW woman will be able to test further what chemo will be their
best choice with less risk.

I was very surprised that many onc. do not even know about the test.
If you have any other questions just reach out.

Kind Regards,
Jean
__________________
Stage 1, Grade 1, 3/30/05
Lumpectomy 4/15/05 - 6MM IDC
Node Neg. (Sentinel node)
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter