HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #7
Bill
Senior Member
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,077
Wink

Wow, Tonya, caffeine is a difficult habit to quit. I've done it before, but at the cost of an unrelenting headache. I'm only a layman, but in my opinion, with moderate caffeine use, from what I've read, if you don't have any heart-related or blood pressure issues, you should be ok. Having said that, you're on herceptin, hopefully having periodic echos. There are some benefits to moderate caffeine intake. Extra energy, it does stimulate concentration and clear thinking, gives you extra strength. I don't know enough about the chemical effects of caffeine on cancer cells, if that's your line of questioning, but there is something to be said for waking up in the morning and grabbing a cup of coffee and strolling out back to watch the sun rise. You strike a balance between the chemical physical intake of the caffeine and the emotional, physiological experience, which may outweigh the harmful physical impacts, I don't know. Tonya, I think a cup of coffee or two is good for you if you enjoy it, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter