HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
Mary Jo
Senior Member
 
Mary Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Posts: 2,582
Hi Sherry,
Of course I can't answer why your surgical site showed a bit of uptake but I can tell you that I believe you can trust your oncologist on this one. I believe (because you tell us he is a "great" doctor) that if he felt there was reason for concern he would be the first one to tell you that. Why wouldn't he? He knows how concerned you are and how you worry about these things. If he felt something should be done I'm SURE he would recommend that to you. As far as an every 6 month PET scan, I also feel that is fine. You are at the 2 year mark now and although PET scans don't pick up a cancer that is very, very small, it wouldn't grow that much in a 6 month period. As far as that goes, I always thought a person could only have so many PET scans in a lifetime? Is their any truth to that - anyone?

Well anyway Sherry, I'm answering your post not because I know what's best - because I don't - just responding to help put your mind at ease. I know that after a cancer diagnosis it is hard to trust our bodies again but trust we must. There really is nothing else we can do until a problem arises. You are aware of your body - you get scanned on a regular basis and you have a "great" doctor. All that being said, my advice to you would be to enjoy the NED status and try to trust that if your doctor felt there was a problem he would tell you. Like I said before, why wouldn't he? He's there to help you.

Praying for God's Peace to hold you close today.

Mary Jo
__________________
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter