HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
duga35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 154
I was very relieved when my surgeon told me that chemo was not recommended as a treatment for me at this tiime, and that Tamoxifin was all that the breast cancer board recommended. I was also kind of surprised that Herceptin wasn't because I was strongly positive for HER-2.
I haven't even seen my oncologist yet, so I'm waiting to ask her all of those questions.

Thank you, everyone. I can honestly say that everyone here has been wonderful, especially with a man who really has no clue of what he is talking about but trying to learn!

Doug
__________________
Diagnosis and Treatment: DX 12/07/07
Male Diagnosed with DCIS at age 39
Mastectomy on right breast
Tumor Stage pt1b NO MO
DCIS Tumor size 1.5 x 1.x .6cm
Infiltration tumor size .25X.17 cm
Bloom-Richardson Grade 3(score 8)
Nuclear Grade 3 with comedo necrosis
Estrogen+/Progestrone+/HER-2/Neu +++
FISH ratio 4.31
Lymph node removal scheduled 1/07/08
17 nodes tested and all negative 1/08/08
Started Tamoxifin 1/29/08
Oncotype DX score 52 (off the charts, according to my onc!!!)
Starting TCH 3/14/08
BRCA I Positive BRCA II Negative
Finished TC 6/27/08 continue Herceptin
8/1/08 Herceptin stopped due to low Muga score
Mastectomy on left breast 11/10/08
duga35 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter