HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2008, 07:03 PM   #6
Bill
Senior Member
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,077
Cool

Hi everybody! Thanks for the feedback. Bonnie had a good idea, too. I was just remembering when we first had to deal with the cancer, it would have been helpful to have, maybe a page or two of "commonsense" things to do. Nikki was big on the notebook, with all questions, phone #'s, etc. If newbies had something they could focus on, just general good practices to adopt, like caregiver should eat well and take care of him/herself as well, try to get enough rest, don't be afraid to seek a second or third opinion, you know all of the things that you wish you could go back in time and tell yourself. Nothing that could be outdated tomorrow or have to be updated constantly, just something to give people newly diagnosed a sense of control over the situation, which, I think, would be a great comfort, a "we are in charge here type of attitude". I think as word of this site spreads more, more people will be coming here early on. Everyone of you "has been there and done that". I don't know, maybe we should spend a little time discussing the idea, and as a group in a thread, "vote" on the advice to give to newbies. I just remember all the new people that would come into the infusion room with that "deer in the headlights look", and I think if we can come up with a "to do" list, it would empower them and hopefully take away some of the fear. Thanks, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter