HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
suzan w
Senior Member
 
suzan w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Naples FL
Posts: 1,747
Thank you Jean. Thank you everyone! Happy New Year!!
__________________
Suzan W.
age 54 at diagnosis
5/05 suspicious mammogram-left breast
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
Bill
Senior Member
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,077
Smile

Thanks Jean, for the great post. This site helped inform Nikki and in so many ways helped keep her upbeat and positive. She considered you all family and was in awe of Joe and Christine for their tireless devotion to you all and the site. Happy New Year, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:52 PM   #3
Mary Jo
Senior Member
 
Mary Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Posts: 2,582
Jean,

What a wonderful post. You spoke exactly what I feel in my heart also, Breast cancer has changed so much about my life too and mostly all of it is for the better. The only part that I don't like is the fretting I still do over recurrence but even that is something I'm learning (slowly - OH SO SLOWLY) to take one day at a time. God is in control and trusting Him is something that gets a bit easier as time goes on.

I, too, appreciate all of you. Unfortunately, I have not been privileaged to meet any of you in person but feel as if I know you in a small way personally and you know me as well. Through good times and bad we stick together as a family who loves one another warts and all. Thank you for that.

Love to you all,

Mary Jo
__________________
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
DonnaD
Senior Member
 
DonnaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Marengo, IL
Posts: 518
Dear Jean,
First, thank you for your kind words. We were very privilege to be in such company in San Antonio. It was an honor to be there and to meet and work beside Joe, Christine and the crew . I will be eternally grateful to Joe and Christine and all they have done for each person on this board, dedicating their lives to us.

You said so much of what is in my heart. I finished my treatment this past Thursday. Over the past 16 months many of my friends have come forward to offer support or have dissapeared in the shadows, but not on this site. You are always here! I realized I could not have gotten through without you. Whatever came up I knew I could come to you for understanding, comfort, knowledge and support. I have gained so many sisters and yes, some brothers too, here.

I wish those in treatment will find comfort in knowing things really do get better. I rejoice in having hair again, but it is much bigger than that. Yes, my life has changed for the better because of cancer. Cherish each day and everyone who is important in your life. Tell them each day how much they mean to you.

Happy New Year to each of you.
Donna
__________________
Donna
Crystal Lake, IL
Diagnosed 8/4/06 at age 54
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter