HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
Chelee
Senior Member
 
Chelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern, CA
Posts: 2,511
Charlotte, I don't have any information to help you with this...but I can only imagine the how stressful this must be on you. Its only to be expected that you would be feeling overwhelmed and then some. I am so sorry you have to deal with this.

I know there are a few women here that can answer some of your questions for you. So hang in there...they will come along. I'm glad your onc is already setting up a trt plan. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee
__________________
DX: 12-20-05 - Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++,Er & Pr weakly positive, 5 of 16 pos nodes.
Rt. MRM on 1-3-06 -- No Rads due to compromised lungs.
Chemo started 2-7-06 -- TCH - - Finished 6-12-06
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
PinkGirl
Senior Member
 
PinkGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,193
Charlotte,
I'm sorry you got this news today. I hope you can
find a way to absorb this new information and come
out fighting strong. I wish you all the best. Good luck.
__________________
PinkGirl

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09



" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:10 PM   #3
Bill
Senior Member
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,077
Wink

Hi Charlotte, I'm so sorry to hear about your biopsy report. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. My wife was dx'ed with dcis in 2004 and had to undergo 18 rad. treatments, I think it was. I'm not sure of the particulars in your case, but with her, she developed some slight fatigue about two-thirds of the way through. No nausea, though for her with just the radiation. Her area of radiation darkened just a little and seemed a little bit like a sunburn. Her rad. onc. recommended applying a cream called "Jean's Cream" to the radiated area to help with this. Someone please correct me if I got the name wrong. The cream can be found at most pharmacies, but it's fairly expensive (50 bucks or so) and you may have to ask for it, but it seemd to work well. Honestly, my wife, Nicola, and I viewed those treatments as "not that bad". She was a stage 0 and the first treatment took 15 or so minutes and after that it was like 2 minutes or so, once they get the equipment centered in. I hope this helps you a little bit, Charlotte. Be strong and keep in touch. Love, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter