HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
Margerie
Senior Member
 
Margerie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 492
I know that generally hormone + patients have a more favorable prognosis than hormone negative, her2 + tumors are considered more aggressive than her2- and the majority of HER2+ patients are hormone negative. So if you are strongly er+ and pr+ and her2 3+, is this double good (two targets for treatment) or is this bad because of the er/her2 crosstalk?

I haven't seen any studies differentiating the her2+ population- except the er+/pr- tamoxifen study.

Yes, this is why we need a tumor registry to figure out all this stuff!
__________________
Are we there yet?


Dx 10/05 IDC, multi-focal, triple +, 5 nodes+
MRM, 4 DD A/C, 12 weekly taxol + herceptin
rads concurrent with taxol/herceptin
finished herceptin 01/08
ooph, Arimidex, bilateral DIEP reconstruction
NED
Univ. of WA, Seattle vaccine trial '07
Margerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
Karen W
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 232
I think I remember reading that because of the crosstalk with the er/pr and her2 receptors, Tamoxifen is not an effective treatment for Her2+ bc. That is why (supposedly) Aromatase Inhibitors are better when you are Her2+ and er/pr+.

I think this is correct but not certain.

Karen
Karen W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter