HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
dhealey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: moved to Lancaster, Pa in June, 2010
Posts: 576
Congrats on the great test results. I have recieved my herceptin every 3 weeks and given over 90 minutes. Have never had a problem.
__________________
Debbie in North Carolina
Diag 10/2006-high grade invasive ductal carcinoma- mastectomy L breast
2.5 cm tumor ER/PR pos-Her2+++
4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Taxol
Herceptin every 3 weeks until Jan. 2008
6/18/07 prophylatic mastectomy R breast
8/2007 started aromasin/stopped arimidex (side effects)
12/07 stopped aromasin due to side effects (now what?)
Finished herceptin 1/8/08
started tamoxifen for 2 years then will switch to femera
allergic to tamoxifen started femera 4/2008
June 20, 2008 portacath removed
Learnig to live life to the fullest!
Stopped Femera due to side effects
July 28, 2008 start trial for breast cancer vaccine
dhealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
Joan M
Senior Member
 
Joan M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,851
Kim,

Great results and just in time for Christmas.

Your point about infusion rates is a good one. I was taken off Herceptin in October after only five treatments given every three weeks, because my muga score dropped from 70% to 57%.

My onc didn't like more than a 10% drop and says that's the guideline for discontinuing Herceptin.

I'm going to check into my infusion rate.

My treatments were really quick, I'd say in about an hour.

I took Herceptin when I had early stage bc weekly for one year, and those treatments were about 30 minutes long. I never had a problem with my muga scans. They were always in the mid-60% range.

Perhaps since I was on Herceptin before the onc nurses are just cranking up the drip feeling that I tolerate the drug well. Also, I never had any noticable side affects.

My last two treatments I was out in a jiff, and perhaps that affected the drop in my muga score.
__________________
Diagnosed stage 2b in July 2003 (2.3 cm, HER2+, ER-/PR-, 7+ nodes). Treated with mastectomy (with immediate DIEP flap reconstruction), AC + T/Herceptin (off label). Cancer advanced to lung in Jan. 2007 (1 cm nodule). Started Herceptin every 3 weeks. Lung wedge resection April 2007. Cancer recurred in lung April 2008. RFA of lung in August 2008. 2nd annual brain MRI in Oct. 2008 discovered 2.6 cm cystic tumor in left frontal lobe. Craniotomy Oct. 2008 (ER-/PR-/HER2-) followed by targeted radiation (IMRT). Coughing up blood Feb. 2009. Thoractomy July 2009 to cut out fungal ball of common soil fungus (aspergillus) that grew in the RFA cavity (most likely inhaled while gardening). No cancer, only fungus. Removal of tiny melanoma from upper left arm, plus sentinel lymph node biopsy in Feb. 2016. Guardant Health liquid biopsy in Feb. 2016 showed mutations in 4 subtypes of TP53. Repeat of Guardant Health biopsy in Jana. 2021 showed 3 TP53 mutations, BRCA1 mutation and CHEK2 mutation. Invitae genetic testing showed negative for all of these. Living with MBC since 2007. Stopped Herceptin Hylecta (injection) treatment in March 2020. Recent 2023 annual CT of chest, abdomen and pelvis and annual brain MRI showed NED. Praying for NED forever!!
Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:27 PM   #3
Lolly
Senior Member
 
Lolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,756
Kim, what wonderful news! Christmas HAS come early
I always had my 3 weekly Herceptin given over an hour, and the weekly over 30 mins. At one time I was getting 2 weekly, and that was 45 mins.

<3 Lolly
__________________
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:39 PM   #4
Vanessa
Senior Member
 
Vanessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 624
Great news on your test results!!!!!!! I have been getting my weekly herceptin for an hour for a while now, to keep me from having a allergic reaction. This has been a double benefit. Good luck with your future treatments. So glad you have had good test results.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:19 AM   #5
Chelee
Senior Member
 
Chelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern, CA
Posts: 2,511
Kim, When I was doing herceptin I did the 1st 8 months wkly. The last 4 months every 3 wks to give myself a break. My cancer center would of given me my 3 wk dose in 30 minutes but I was un-comfortable with that large of dose that fast. (Just me...a worrier.) So I asked if I could have it set at 1 hr which of course they didn't have a problem with. They did ask me why? I said "I just feel like it would be easier on my heart". I said "Even if its not...I feel like it is". So now...your post just validated my thinking at the time. Thanks for sharing that information.

That's wonderful news on your muga & brain MRI. Can't ask for better timing right before Christmas and New Years. YEAH! That is just fantastic. Enjoy your holidays with no worries.

Chelee
__________________
DX: 12-20-05 - Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++,Er & Pr weakly positive, 5 of 16 pos nodes.
Rt. MRM on 1-3-06 -- No Rads due to compromised lungs.
Chemo started 2-7-06 -- TCH - - Finished 6-12-06
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter