HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
PinkGirl
Senior Member
 
PinkGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,193
Hi Flori

Thank you to YOU. You are an 11 year survivor with a ton of knowledge about this stupid disease. You put a new "face" on this disease for me - a pretty one with vitality and a good looking boyfriend.

There is a reason you are still here - it is YOU and the choices you have made. You will find a way to add in the Avastin - the FDA is no match for you.

Please, no more posts without any jokes.....
__________________
PinkGirl

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09



" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
suzan w
Senior Member
 
suzan w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Naples FL
Posts: 1,747
Smile

Hi Flori, I have to say that your post was such a powerful tribute to all of us here fighting this fight. I agree with you that the information that I have gleaned from this site and all the amazing women and men, that post here is far more valuable than almost anything else that I have learned about breast cancer. I never go to an oncology appointment without a list of questions and information, much of which I have gathered here. I feel like I am taking an active role in my survival and this Support Group is more important than words can convey. I only wish that I was a gazillion-aire so that I could contribute all my money to Joe and Christine for keeping this going! And a HEARTFELT THANKS to all of you, all of us, for every day...a miracle!!!
__________________
Suzan W.
age 54 at diagnosis
5/05 suspicious mammogram-left breast
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter