HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #7
Barbara2
Senior Member
 
Barbara2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Dakota.
Posts: 621
SVTs

I also had SVTs, which kept me from entering the herceptin trial. They would not accept anyone with heart problems going into the trial.

I had SVTs for about 10 years. Medicine kept them in check...kind of. Several times a year I would have to go to the emergency room to bring the rhythm back to normal. The heart would race widly. It's pretty scary.

When in the ICU from a chemo treatment, I had a SVT (I remember the rate being 235...after that I told them not to tell me what it was...I didn't want to know)and they gave me a new drug to bring me out of the rhythm. It was one of the worst experiences in my life.

The drug stops your heart briefly, and you feel like you are going to die. I lived in fear of having to have that medicine again for another attack.

I decided to have the cardiac ablation. I wish I would have done it many years ago. The surgery correctred the SVTs, but I do have LOTS of palpitations but that is an entirely different issue. In fact, I am just finishing wearing a heart monitor for 21 days. They thought I should check it out as it's been a few years since it was last monitored.

Good luck to you!
__________________
Blessings and Peace,
Barbara

DX Oct 02 @ age 52 Stage 2B Grade 3 Mastectomy
"at least" 4.5 cm IDC 1+node ER+61% /PR-
Assiciated Intraductual component with Comedo Necrosis
Her2+ FISH8.6 IHC 2+
5 1/2 CEF Arimidex
Celebrex 400mg daily for 13 months
Prophylactic mastectomy
Estradiol #: 13
PTEN positive, "late" Herceptin (26 months after chemo)
Oct 05: Actonel for osteopenia from Arimidex.
May 08: Replaced Actonel with Zometa . Taking every 6
months.

Accepting the gift of life, I give thanks for it and live it in fullness.
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter