HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2007, 05:29 AM   #8
dhealey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: moved to Lancaster, Pa in June, 2010
Posts: 576
My onc does nodt do the test either, but the family practicioner I work for (also treats me for thyroid and BP problem) ordered the test and my insurance paid for it. The doc I work for also ordered a PET scan since my onc wouldn't, insurance paid for that too. So I will be having these test done routinely, but ordered through the doc I work for. Sometimes you have to go around the system to take care of your health. Don't get me wrong I like my onc, she just doesn't believe in testing until symptoms appear. I think if you are her2 positive, these tests must be done routinely as our cancer is more aggressive. If caught early things can be kept in check. Doc I work for believes this also.
__________________
Debbie in North Carolina
Diag 10/2006-high grade invasive ductal carcinoma- mastectomy L breast
2.5 cm tumor ER/PR pos-Her2+++
4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Taxol
Herceptin every 3 weeks until Jan. 2008
6/18/07 prophylatic mastectomy R breast
8/2007 started aromasin/stopped arimidex (side effects)
12/07 stopped aromasin due to side effects (now what?)
Finished herceptin 1/8/08
started tamoxifen for 2 years then will switch to femera
allergic to tamoxifen started femera 4/2008
June 20, 2008 portacath removed
Learnig to live life to the fullest!
Stopped Femera due to side effects
July 28, 2008 start trial for breast cancer vaccine
dhealey is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter