HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
GemmaG
Senior Member
 
GemmaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bergenfield, NJ
Posts: 121
Hi Michelle,
You are in my prayers. I think about you. Thank you for the private message. I'm still on Herceptin/Navalbine combo weekly. My next scan is this month or next month I think :-(
It seems like your onc is a very caring person. My onc left in Sept. because she'll only be doing leukemia now.I was really sad when she told me she was leaving because I really like her and felt so comfortable with her. So my new onc which I have only been seen once since Sept. (i only see my NP which is really a nice person) does not seem to be caring and no bed side manner... :-(
Michelle, i hope this new drug combo will work. Good luck. I'm glad you're going for a second opinion. You'll be in good hands. God will send his healing hands through your onc.
I can't help to cry while typing this. It seems like I've known you for so long. I always read your post and our sisters here. I'm learning so much.
I'm taking oxycontin and oxycodone for my pain. It helps. I say.....thank goodness for pain meds!!!
GemmaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
tousled1
Senior Member
 
tousled1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 2,104
Michelle,

Seems like you have an oncologist who is willing to work with you. Glad you got an appointment at Mayo and January is not that far away. I had Taxatere neoadjunctly and it really shrunk my tumor to almost nothing. I hope you have good results with the Taxatere.
__________________
Kate
Stage IIIC Diagnosed Oct 25, 2005 (age 58)
ER/PR-, HER2+++, grade 3, Ploidy/DNA index: Aneuploid/1.61, S-phase: 24.2%
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
Vanessa
Senior Member
 
Vanessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 624
Good luck with your 2nd opinion and a good tx plan. I will be rooting for you.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter