HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2007, 05:17 PM   #3
Margerie
Senior Member
 
Margerie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 492
After I told my MIL that I had bc and was going to have a mastectomy in a couple of days and then chemo, she said "Do you have to have a mastectomy? Or are there too many tumors? Because I was a nurse and all the mastectomy patients were in HORRIBLE pain for weeks." I went on to say the only bright side to mastectomy was I probably wouldn't need radiation (little did I know, I had a wad of + nodes) and she said "Well, that is good because if you have radiation, your hair will fall out and that will be just AWFUL!"

She never once asked how I was doing.
__________________
Are we there yet?


Dx 10/05 IDC, multi-focal, triple +, 5 nodes+
MRM, 4 DD A/C, 12 weekly taxol + herceptin
rads concurrent with taxol/herceptin
finished herceptin 01/08
ooph, Arimidex, bilateral DIEP reconstruction
NED
Univ. of WA, Seattle vaccine trial '07
Margerie is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter