HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
Hopeful
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,380
Grace,

I found the link to the abstract that this article was based on:http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/c...34104/ABSTRACT

It states, "Osteopontin-c is selectively expressed in invasive, but not in noninvasive, breast tumor cell lines, and it effectively supports anchorage independence."

From reading the sentence above, I take it this marker is only useful for invasive cancer. I can't think of what invasive cancer would not require surgery - may be a mistake in the quote.

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:19 AM   #2
Hopeful
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,380
Here is an article that gives a better idea - looks like it is for DCIS: http://www.breastcancersource.com/br..._29073___.aspx

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:30 AM   #3
Grace
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thanks again. I'll check it out.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter