HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 03:41 AM   #1
Becky
Senior Member
 
Becky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Stockton, NJ
Posts: 4,179
I am going to San Antonio (Breast Cancer Sym) in December and I received the agenda. The 2 yrs of Herceptin HERA trial data will NOT be presented.

I just wanted to make sure one doesn't wait for this data date as it won't be then.
__________________
Kind regards

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:02 AM   #2
Cannon
Senior Member
 
Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 203
Smile

Thanks everyone. I had definitely not heard of using tykerb prior to a recurrence, Vanessa. I'll let you know what my onc comes up with.
__________________
Dx 8/06 Age 43 Stage IIIA multifocal throughout breast, largest tumor 5 cm, grade 3, comedo, ER+PR+HER+++
Neoadjuvant A/C 4X Dose Dense
11/06 Bilateral Mastectomy (no choice on the right, my choice on the left)
Taxol+Herceptin weekly x12, continuing with Herceptin, finished one year in 12/07
33 Rads
Femara for 5+ years, staying on (started with Arimidex, switched after about a month, much happier)
Abnormal brain MRI shows no cancer, but "extensive white matter diease" - unknown cause
BRCA negative - lots of cancer in my family
survivor of thyroid cancer
also have Crohn's disease
CT and bone scan say NED as of 5/13
dx with severe cardiomyopathy 5/12 (likely due to chemo and Herceptin), ejection fraction in low 20's, now up to 40, went to 50, latest read 12/13 is back down to 35
1/13 Acute pancreatitis - are you kidding me?
9/13 started Humira for Crohn's. starting to have some energy again
B12 and Vit D both needed supplementation
Cataracts in both eyes noted 6/12 - surgery in the next 2-4 years?
4/14 Kidney stones/blockage/infection - related to Crohn's Disease
5/14 My aunt passed away - she was diagnosed after I was with Stage I - not Her2+, then Stage 4 for about one year
6/14 Scans - still NED, thank God. However, broken rib (I didn't notice) lots of bone degeneration osteopenia/osteoporosis. I also still have cardiomyopathy secondary to chemo.
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
Linda
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 143
Hi Cannon:
My dx is close to yours, except that I'm older (52 at dx) I was stage 3a after neoadjuvant chemo, same treatment, etc. However, I'm hormone neg, so fewer weapons post initial treatment. I asked the same questions at the end of my herceptin year. My onc was ready to extend the herceptin, and called "her experts," -- a couple of docs who'd been part of the orginal herceptin trials for more info. She was told that, as the others wrote, there was no shown benefit for 2 years of herceptin (unless you're stage 4, obviously.) My doc also said that the fact that we're not hearing more about 2 year trials indicates that there haven't been results warrenting news or change in protocol. So I stopped after one year and have been fine.
Anyway -- there's one more bit of info for you! December is around the corner, so maybe you'll find out more.
Linda
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter