HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2007, 06:27 AM   #18
jml
Senior Member
 
jml's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 415
Hi Sherry~
Hang in there w/the q3week Herceptin dose! It is sososo nice not having to go to the infusion center EVERY week.
I had been on the qweekly dose after finishing the 1st year of chemo, but found I couldn't tolerate the q3week/30min dose either - SO SORE! I felt like I had SEVERE arthritis from my skull to my tailbone and flu'ish too.
I eventually switched back to the qweekly dose.
BUT, when I switched Onc. & began treatment at a new center, I tried the q3week dose over 90 mins (that's the standard protocol @this new place. i asked if they could run the infusion over 30 mins & they said No.) and I've tolerated it really well.
No more severe arthritic pain, still mildly flu'ey w/in 24 hrs, but a couple of tylenol takes care of that.
I don't know if it's the slower, longer infusion time or the fact that I've been on maintenance Herceptin since 2003 & I've just adapted to this dose, but I much prefer the freedom of this schedule. (Unfortunately, that's changed as I've had to resume chemo for a couple of naughty supraclavicular nodes...)
Hang in there, try a slower, longer infusion as well as the other helpful suggestions posted here.
Hope your next time around is more tolerable!

Prayers, Faith & Courage~
jml is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter