HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #17
Mary Anne in TX
Senior Member
 
Mary Anne in TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,357
Hey Nite!
I'd give that doc about 30 seconds of depression and then get mad as heck and prove him wrong.
My surgeon told me the same thing and I knew that he liked me. He just wasn't cool in dealing with patients in person. He also thought that I would be excited about getting a tummy tuck with reconstruction. That made me even madder than the "poor prognosis" thing! Well, I just got sooooo mad. I lost 20 pounds and have done everything I know to do to beat the Big C!
When I need some positive thinking, I think of him saying those two things! You know the funniest part? I really like him and would go back in a heart beat! He did an incredible job with my MRM and nodes. He's great! He just shouldn't talk very much!!!!
Get mad and get to believing what these warriors are telling you!
Here's to happier, more determined days!
mary anne
__________________
MA in TX.
Grateful for each and every day....

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter