HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 PM   #7
Alice
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: southern california
Posts: 287
I think a Pet scan can cover a broader area. I had a pet scan when first diagnosed to see if there were any other areas in question. I think if the pet scan showed anything other than what we already knew, my onc would have ordered more tests to varify the findings. Now, if I have a concern my onc usually orders an X-ray or CT because we are looking at a particular area in question and not trying to get a picture of the whole body. My onc is also of the opinion that scans should be done if there is an area that is symptomatic. I was in a study at the time of my treatment that used MRI's mostly and I am not sure what the significance of that was. I personally think I would go "bonkers" if I had routine scans!

Alice
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter