HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
Mary Jo
Senior Member
 
Mary Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Posts: 2,582
I, like Becky, had 2 sentinel nodes that lit up or should I say turned blue during sentinel node mapping. During surgery and their inspection we were told "no cancer." But, also like Becky, after pathology went through them they found 1 micromet (.085) in the first node and the second node was clean. After much discussion with my onc. and surgeon I opted out of having any more nodes removed. They stood with me on this issue and believed that other nodes would be negative. My surgeon actually believed it could have come from the needle during sentinel node mapping. Of course none of us really know but I KNEW that I did not want any more nodes removed. So, although I had a right breast mastectomy and margins were clear - no vascular invasion etc. part of my treatment was radiation. Twenty eight days of it to the breast area - center of chest - node area underarm and shoulder in back. This was all done as added protection because I did opt out of anymore nodes being removed.

Mary Jo
__________________
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter