HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
Jeanette
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 215
Talking

I too do not feel like an amputee, like someone else said , it is my battle scar and I intend to win this fight. I did not have reconstruction, mainly because I was 65 at the time and did not feel the need. My husband is fine with this, the way we look at it ,is it only a boob., hugs to you all, jeanette
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
Mary Jo
Senior Member
 
Mary Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Posts: 2,582
I must say that I, too, didn't feel "amputated. I simply felt incredibly thankful the cancer was gone. Honestly, when I first looked at my mastectomy side, my reaction was "oh, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would."

I've never had a day though that I was sad over "losing" my breasts. It just is a fact - had to be and my life goes forward. Those were my feelings.

Thanks for letting me share.

Mary Jo
__________________
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
cafe1084
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 105
I also felt relieved, but after my double mastectomy, I couldn't bring myself to look at the scars. I was bandaged for about 3 weeks, then it was several more weeks before I could look at them in the mirror. I did feel amputated and disfigured. It's been a year now and they have just become part of the "whole" me....my red badge of courage, so to speak. I wish you good thoughts, you'll do great!
cafe1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:28 PM   #4
pgoddard
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orange California
Posts: 6
Smile

Hi Ceesun I had a double masectomey 3 weeks ago I am 42, and for me well it is Hard ( I loved my boobs). The first time I saw my chest Yes I cried i couldnt belive i lost them but you know every day is a healing process and it gets better. now I do not even miss them and cannot wait for the end of all of this when I do get my new tatas , Keep your chin up girl we are here for you. I will add you to my prayer list
__________________
Dirt Diva
pgoddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter