HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #8
Brenda_D
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 368
Thanks, Andrea.
I'm doing o.k. so far. Thank goodness I have insurance, and they have paid a large part of my medical bills.
I've also been given a small amount of help through our local Cancer Association, and the hospital lets me make payments on what I owe there.
My Onc (bless him), writes off the co-pay on the Herceptin, and I made arrangements with the Rad Onc's office.
My rad bill was over$120,000 alone. Of course, the insurance paid most of that.

It makes me think though, that some women will opt for a mastectomy over a lumpectomy, simply because they can't afford the radiation treatments.

I attended a meeting of our local CA association last night, and was pretty proud when they awarded checks to 3 local hospitals (to be used for CA related patient help) and 3 other checks to some larger CA treatment and research centers.
They donated $10,000 each to St. Judes Childrens Hospital, Siteman Cancer Center (both of St. Louis) and Simmons Cooper Cancer Institute of Springfield, IL.
__________________
12/12/06- IDC Stage III, 4x A/C, 35 rads, Herceptin 1 year
Brenda_D is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter