HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2007, 05:12 AM   #5
Hopeful
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,380
I use Estrace cream. My gyn told me not to use the regular dose, which I think is 4 to a tube, but to use a "daub". I use an amount the size of a pea and apply it with a q-tip every three days. I am ER+ 80%, PR+50%. We checked my estrogen levels for the first month after starting treatment. They went from too low to measure (<50) to 112, then to 106, then back <50, then up to 70 (anything under 130 is considered "post menopausal.). My onc and surgeon are both fine with this; my surgeon told me that her office reccomends this treatment because the UTI's and yeast infections that occur with vaginal atrophy can become chronic and lead to worse problems. My gyn was estatic over the progress I made with this level of application in just two months. I also use Replens; the gyn told me that that will reduce the amount of Estrace cream I need to use to get results. It has greatly increased lubrication and sensation for me (because there is now good blood flow to the tissue) and I have less tenderness and discomfort. FWIW, I am now 53 years old, and stopped having periods at age 45. I was about to begin this therapy for vaginal atrophy when I was diagnosed with bc in April 2006, and it was put on hold for a year. Yesterday, I completed one year on Arimidex therapy, and will continue for 4 more.

Hope this helps.

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter