 |
09-26-2007, 11:10 PM
|
#1
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Misty woods of WA State
Posts: 4,128
|
wonderful!
Thanks for letting us know that life in Maine is agreeing with you.
Such great news that your side effects (and we all knew that's what is was, right?) are nearly disappeared. The fatigue is also a byproduct of the other treatments, which do take some time to stop being so bothersome. After 5 plus years off chemos, I still don't have the same old pep I once had. Guess age has a bit to do with it, as well as having to stay on Herceptin which is doing its job for me.
Don't overdo yourself with the spruce up job on the house. But it IS so rewarding to see progress and how nice things look when cleaned and painted. My grandma used to say "then you don't feel like you are living in other people's old dirt" ... And you have an expert painter in your hubby! Love to know what colors you are working with.
__________________
"When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest." H.D. Thoreau
Live in the moment.
MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
|
|
|
09-27-2007, 04:04 AM
|
#2
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,357
|
What a joy to read your post and know that you are well, happy, and able to transform your new house into your very own dream world cause you feel good enough to do it! Encouraging....of course. Thanks for taking time to let us know that your new life is blooming already! ma
__________________
MA in TX.
Grateful for each and every day....
Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
|
|
|
09-27-2007, 04:48 AM
|
#3
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 2,104
|
Grace,
With your new house you'll be quite busy for the next few months. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling so much better and that you're almost back to normal. It must be great not to be at the infusion center every three weeks. Enjoy your new home.
__________________
Kate
Stage IIIC Diagnosed Oct 25, 2005 (age 58)
ER/PR-, HER2+++, grade 3, Ploidy/DNA index: Aneuploid/1.61, S-phase: 24.2%
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
|
|
|
09-27-2007, 07:16 AM
|
#4
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,463
|
Hi Grace,
Glad to hear you're enjoying your new home and feeling well again, sometimes in the middle of treatments it's hard to believe we'll ever feel somewhat "normal".
I am doing well too and almost a year finished herceptin now although I still sometimes feel like 90 from the Arimidex! My best wishes to you and your family in your new home.
__________________
Tricia
Dx July '05 IDC 1.9cm Triple positive 3/9 nodes positive
A/C X 4 ..Taxol/Herceptin x 12 wks then herceptin 1 yr
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
|
|
|
09-27-2007, 08:28 AM
|
#5
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 144
|
Grace,
So glad to hear that I wasn't the only one with issues. I had my last treatment 5 weeks ago, I stopped at 8 months due to chronic joint and foot pain, and I too am feeling better. I still tire more easily and I still have terrible pain in the bottom of my feet when I first stand up, but it is getting better.
I see in your post that you go to or live in Italy. We are leaving for Italy on Oct.7 thru the 24th. Hubby has business and he is taking me. Any suggestions about Florence?
I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly and try not to do too much.
Best of luck,
Emelie
|
|
|
| Thread Tools |
|
|
| Display Modes |
Hybrid Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:16 PM.
|