HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #15
PinkGirl
Senior Member
 
PinkGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,193
Talking Sherri

I think that's the way we think because that's the way it has always been in Canada, in our lifetime. I agree with you - my husband and I are taxed in the 40% range and it doesn't bother us at all. Even before my dx., I didn't have a problem with it. I think it's because we can't believe that in a country as wealthy as the USA, there can be people not receiving health care because they can't pay for it. I don't think our system is perfect, but when I see some program on Oprah about parents who have a child needing a portable respirtor and they can't provide one, then I think "bring on the taxes". But there are some Americans who believe that our system is "Socialist". Once, an American tourist told me that Canadians were Communists!!!!!!!!!! There is an opinion that if you have a lot of money, you should be able to push yourself to the top of the line. As you probably know, there are wealthy Canadians who don't like being in our "universal " system; and I'm sure you know where they go when they are seriously ill -- The Mayo Clinic. Anyhow, I could go on and on about this. I am happy with our system, (with all it's flaws) and have always believed that you judge a nation by how it treats it's weakest citizen. I guess I'm a socialist. There's a provincial election coming up in Ontario -- go NDP!!!
__________________
PinkGirl

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09



" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter