HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
Joannie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Posts: 67
Acne woes!

Joy:
I too am experiencing the Tykerb acne woes. I'm on the teach trial since middle of May. I look like a 14 year old with whiteheads all over my face and neck! It has been frustrating, but I'm willing to tolerate it. I will tell you I had to go on Prednisone/antibiotics last week for some health issues and my face has really cleared up. I am assuming it's the Prednisone?! It's the best my face has looked in 2 1/2 months. It's probably only short lived, but I'll take it!

Is there anything that can be prescribed to at least calm the acne down? I will address the next time I'm in with my dr.
Joannie
__________________
Joannie

Diagnosed April 2003
3.3 cm tumor left breast
HER2 positive 3++
ER/PR negative
Masectomy April 2003
4 Rounds of AC - dose dense
4 Rounds of Taxol - dose dense
Removed right breast prophalactically
Full reconstruction with implants/nipples
No Late Herceptin Received
Started Tykerb TEACH Trial in May 2007
Completed Tykerb TEACH Trial in May 2008
5 year NED August 27, 2008!!!
Joannie is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter