HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2007, 12:46 PM   #11
BonnieR
Senior Member
 
BonnieR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,210
Brenda, wow, that is one happy place. Mine is friendly but nothing like that! Maybe I am still too much a "newcomer". I am working on developing relationships...They always assign a different infusion nurse, I am told. I wonder if it is to avoid too much bonding???
My JOY today:
Our CO detector went off this morning. I could not get it to reset so I did as instructed and called the non-emergency fire department phone number. Two firemen showed up. I apologized for bothering them but said because my husband was away and I was on chemo, I did not want to take any chances. They fixed the problem and then one of them asked me about my cancer. His wife has been having pain and finally, at a routine mammogram, something "suspicious" has shown up. They cannot get get a follow up appt until next Wed and he is SO concerned. He was beside himself and was getting teary-eyed telling me about it. Big strong fireman. I felt so grateful to be able to share what knowledge I had with him. Gave him my phone # for her to call me if she wanted. Nothing happens in God's world by mistake. It was meant to be that he came to my house today.
It filled me with joy..
AND, later, I received a suprise basket of flowers from a friend "just because"!!
__________________
Bonnie

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter