HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
ita
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wellington, FL
Posts: 68
thank you

Hello ladies,

Thank you for the replies. I love the fact that we have a place we can come to and pick each others minds for help.

I'll have to check how much Vit. D I take. Living in Florida I get plenty of sun.

I just recently started taking Omega 3 so that should help.

Andi,
I did not know there was such a thing as an oncological nutritionist. Could you give me more info. Sounds as if we could all benefit from this after all the chemo and radiation we have gone through.

Once again, thank you all.

Ita
ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
Andrea Barnett Budin
Senior Member
 
Andrea Barnett Budin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Posts: 1,904
Wink HELLO ITA! my sweet one...

I have a 6/30 thread TO "SUPPLEMENT" OR WAIT that gives most of the info re my NY oncological nutritionist -- a rare bird to be sure. Wish I had such a genius in Fla. He is cutting edge, ever tweaking my supplement list, with my specific pathology of course. I give his name and # and a list of what I take, per Gaynor. He is an INTEGRATIVE oncologist who believes in meditation and participating in your own wellness with guided thoughts and imagery. He has a book called HEALING ESSENCE that changed my life when I read it at initial dx in '95. My daughter Pamela gave me the book. I had goosebumps from page one. When I metastasized in '98 I went to him and have continued with this remarkable man all along. I actually have 5 oncs. Each is brilliant and each add a little something differenct to the mix. I have benefited greatly from MY TEAM. Sending healing energy to you and all my Soul Sisters whom I love dearly... ANDI
__________________
Andi BB
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter