HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
Kaye
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 52
If I am not mistaken I believe the PDR lists side effects. As awful as necrosis may be, if it were a choice between helping keep the cancer control and having a longer survival time vs the risk of osteonecrosis, I would opt for the former.
I would hate to see companies stop manufacturing medications such as Zometa because of 2ndary side effects. I know that ostnecrosis can be nasty, but given the choice, I would rather have prolonged life. I guess the pharmaceutical companies and 'insurers' (including govt/medicare providers) look at the overall cost-effectiveness rather than the benefits. What if its positive effects outweighed the negatives, but it became no longer cost-effective if one had to treat the 'occasional' osteonecrosis along with the impact of increased longevity/survival on our economy. Just some food for thought...
Kaye is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter