HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
lu ann
Senior Member
 
lu ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Streetsboro, Ohio
Posts: 365
Hi MaryAnn,

It is good to hear from you and GREAT! to hear you are doing fun things with your life.

I just completed WBR and can understand some of the fatigue you are experiencing. This is the most tired I have ever been in my life and I will give most of the credit to that little green pill, decedron. I'm down from a full dose every four hours to 1/2 dose once a day for a week, then 1/2 dose alternate days for 2 weeks, then I'm done. They really take care to wean you off steroids.

I could not believe how big my feet swelled in the beginning of my treatment. It's no onder I couldn't walk. My legs probably weighed 150lbs. each.

I met a woman who had lymphoma treated with a transplant and was weak as a new born kitten. Does that ever get better? Do you remain on rejection meds the rest of you life?

God Bless has truly blessed you with the drive and hope to continue on. When my friend told me some of the details, I didn't think I wanted to do that. But we never really know what we would do when face with any situation.

I'm happy to tell you that I have another friend you had leukemia in the early 90's and continues to live her life to the fullest, free from disease. Her 2 little daughters were infants and are now in college.

Keep us posted
Love, Lu Ann
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter