HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
mts
Senior Member
 
mts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 503
http://www.geocities.com/menobeyond/fshworthless.html

I pasted the web page above that addresses some menopause concerns regading the FSH test for determining menopause.

The general rule for menopause is determined in one day: The day after you have gone through 12 months of not having a period.
I have been told by my onc that I am not entirely in menopause based from results from the FSH blood test. This only tells me that I am still perimenopausal... which is a dubious way of saying I am somewhere in between. Interestingly, after 2 yrs of not having my period, I just had a period last week !!! I think the drugs we bc patients take dismisses the 12 month rule...
This is just one more area of concern for us. Hopefully, you will see your onc, get the blood test and keep in mind that it is not entirely reliable. How's that for an answer !!!

Keep us posted !!
Maria
mts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter