 |
07-20-2007, 10:21 AM
|
#1
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: RHODE ISLAND
(Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008)
'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume
ALWAYS BELIEVE
Posts: 3,000
|
CH-CH-CH-Chia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When is the last time I said that I admire you?? Your spirit is so full and your fight if like fire!! I hope that the laughter you get from the ones you love is greater than the laughter you provide!!
If you want to ever play pool maybe we can all get together with my hubby's scrawny legs and shoot a few games!!
Again Sheila, when I think of you so many things come to mind, of course Chia Pet is not one of them!! LOL!! LOL!! I see your rays of sunshine through the darkest of our days. You have provided us with the strength and inspiration to take another step forward.
There are so many times that I find hope in the words you say, I gather knowledge and strength and hope. If I had a magic potion you would get a sprinkle!!
Waiting For A Miracle...and ready to demand one soon!!>>Believe51
__________________
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
|
|
|
07-20-2007, 11:41 AM
|
#2
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Posts: 2,582
|
Hi Sheila,
So nice to hear from you. I always enjoying seeing that you have posted.
My onc. told me that sometimes hair can start coming back on taxol. Not mine! Boy, did I watch for growth though. My chemo ended (taxol) Nov. 30, 2005 and I don't think there was growth until like February. Honestly! Geez, I was beginning to think I'd be one of those odd balls who didn't get her hair back. But I did.
Sending hugs and a prayer for God's Peace to surround you today.
Mary Jo
__________________
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++ RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node No Vasucular Invasion 4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin 1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks 28 rads prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06
17 Years NED
<>< Romans 8:28
|
|
|
07-22-2007, 09:07 PM
|
#3
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bedford, Virginia
Posts: 134
|
My hair started growing back towards the end of the Taxol. It too was very thin, and the colors resembled those of a skunk. Eyebrows and lashes returned quicker than the hair--although they are thinner and fewer.
I took Ambien while on chemo. Never took a sleep aid prior to chemo, but it helped me get the rest I needed which is important. When you're on chemo, the Onc seem willing to prescribe you anything you need to improve the quality of our lives.
__________________
- Diagnosis 06/06 - Stage II-A BC; BC was 2.5 cm, grade 2; ER/PR negative & HER-2/neu positive;
- Mastectomy w/ reconstruction (implant) in 09/06;lymph nodes - negative;
- AC/Cytoxin combo - 4 treatments (dose dense);
- Taxol/Herceptin combo- 12 weekly treatments;
- Completed chemo - 2/07; completed restruction 02/07; reduction of left breast.
- BRCA 1 and 2 negative - 6/15/07;DX high risk for distant recurrence
- MRI, 08/02/07 - NED
- 1 year Anniversary - 09/07; completed Herceptin 11/07.
- Mammo 02/14/08 - NED; MRI - 08/2008 - NED
- 2 year Anniversary - 09/08
- Mammo 02/09 - NED; MRI - 08/09 - NED
- 3rd year Anniversary - 09/09
- 5th Annivery - 09/2011 - NED
|
|
|
07-23-2007, 05:47 AM
|
#4
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Marengo, IL
Posts: 518
|
Hello dear friend,
You never cease to amaze me and make me smile.
My hair began to grow again, a little fuzz, near the end of Taxol. I ever ask my onc about it. She said it can happen. Then she said and "No, it does not mean the Taxol is not working!" She knows me well.
Sleeping was and issue for me even before I was diagnosed and became even worse during treatment . I tried Tylenol PM, but it did not seem to work for me. I then tried Ambien, and Lunesta (gives a metal taste in my mouth) but both seemed to make me foggy in the morning. What works the best for me is a very low dose of Adivan (generic Lorazepam). Started out with .05 mg and now take a half of that and not every night. It is slowly getting better. I was so afraid to take anything and become dependent, but decided sleep was needed more to help me get well. Sleep is a very good thing!
Hope to see you Thursday!
Donna
__________________
Donna
Crystal Lake, IL
Diagnosed 8/4/06 at age 54
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!
|
|
|
07-23-2007, 07:25 AM
|
#5
|
|
Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: western NC
Posts: 17
|
When I started my chemo, all of my dark hairs fell out and all the greys stayed! I honestly think it would take a nuclear blast to get rid of my grey hairs. They seem to thrive on chemo. I can't wait to see what my hair looks like when it grows back in. I would definitely take the Chia pet look over the Grandpa look.
Regarding sleep....I have been going to an accupuncturist since my chemo started, and he has helped me tremendously with not only sleep, but also nausea. One morning he put needles behind my ears and by lunchtime I was down for the count. Whatever you try, I hope it works for you!
Love and blessings,
Annie
__________________
Diagnosed 02/27/07
Right mastectomy, 7 nodes removed, all negative
tumor size 0.9 cm: ER-/PR-, Her2+++
04/25/07 start 6 rounds of Taxotere/Carboplatin plus Herceptin
|
|
|
| Thread Tools |
|
|
| Display Modes |
Hybrid Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 PM.
|