HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
Muldoonmom
Senior Member
 
Muldoonmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Coconut Grove, Florida
Posts: 25
Thanks, Ladies, for your dosage advice. I did reduce from 5 to 4 pills in May. When I see the doc next week, I'll ask him about going to 3 pills a day. Maybe that will work.
It feels so good to be able to eat again! I think I've already gained back 2 to 3 lbs.
This is such a shame - I was so looking forward to Tykerb and never dreamed that I'd have such trouble taking it. I've been on so many chemos over the past 10 years and this is by far the worst! But I'm not giving up yet.
Thanks again and I'll keep you posted on my progress!
__________________
Debbie
8/96 - Diagnosed Stage I - 1.8 cm tumor in left breast
0+ lymph nodes, ER+/PR-
Lumpectomy, radiation, CMF x 9, Tamoxifen
6/99 - Stage IV - 1.2 cm tumor in left lung, HER2 NEU +
VATS thoracotomy, Herceptin and Arimidex
2000 - Bone mets to left scapula and right ribs
Herceptin; Taxol x 9, Zometa
2/2001- Rt. lung - 6 mm tumor
Mini-thoracotomy
2/2001 - 12/2006
Xeloda-10 months, Navelbine-10 months,
Gemzar, Abraxane, Taxol/Carboplatin x 10, Aromasin, Faslodex,
Zoladex, Tamoxifen
2001 - Radiation to left scapula for pain managenent
9/2004 CyberKnife to right rib
7/2006 - Pleural effusion - thoracentesis performed twice
1/2007 - Pleuradesis and Taxotere x 5
4/2007 - Stopped Herceptin after 8 years (weekly).
Started Tykerb with Taxotere but stopped after 10 days
5/2007 - Stopped Taxotere, restarted Tykerb and Herceptin
Currently on Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa
Muldoonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter