HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #3
Lala
Senior Member
 
Lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 131
Harald
I have been on Xeloda and Tykerb since March. I experienced the bad side effects of Diarrhea and had to have both my doses lowered.
One has to be careful as diarrhea can deplete the potassium and sodium needed in the body. It is very important to replace these nutrients either in an oral electrolyte maintenance drink or by consuming food rich in potassium. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water daily is a must.

My dose of Tykerb was reduced to 1000mg that is 4 pills.
I take my Tykerb nightly before I go to sleep. I found this is a best way to avoid the side effects. I also take a few doses of imodium daily (this is an over the counter anti-diarrheal drug). In addition, I found that it is best to eat a diet that bulks you up. Ask the oncologist for a special diet plan to help avoid diarrhea.

On a good note, my recent scans have revealed that I have had a very good response to these drugs. I wish your wife the very best results.
__________________
Lala
DX Fall05 Stage 4 er+ pr+ her2+ liver and bone mets
DX Fall06 Brain mets, Brain mets gone Spring 2007
Lala is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter