HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
Gerri
Senior Member
 
Gerri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 900
Chelee,

Who did you see at City of Hope? When you described the onc as "FAST" it makes me believe you saw mine. She is a little speed demon but will take all the time needed to answer all questions and concerns. City of Hope follows the national guidelines and therefore does not do any of the tumor markers, scans, or other miscellance tests that other oncs do. (However, there is a clinical trial going on right now concerning tumor markers.) The doctors and the facility are are top notch and highly regarded nationwide. I have had all of my treatment done there and am grateful for the care I have received.
__________________
Gerri
Dx: 11/23/05, Lumpectomy 12/12/05
Tumor 2.2 cm, Stage II, Grade 3, Sentinel Node biopsy negative
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
**********
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
tousled1
Senior Member
 
tousled1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 2,104
My oncologist does the HER2 serum test every 12 weeks for me and it may be that I'm Stage IIIc. My tumor markers have never been reliable (15.3 at diagnosis which is well below "normal" level) so now we are depending upon the HER2 test and any symptoms I may develop. So far my numbers have been below the accepted normal of 15l. Her feeling is that if my number goes up then she will order scans.
__________________
Kate
Stage IIIC Diagnosed Oct 25, 2005 (age 58)
ER/PR-, HER2+++, grade 3, Ploidy/DNA index: Aneuploid/1.61, S-phase: 24.2%
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:27 PM   #3
Chelee
Senior Member
 
Chelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern, CA
Posts: 2,511
Chrisy, That is really something that they are using the her2 serum test in your trial. Ha! I really thought it was being used on a regular basis now at all your major cancer centers...guess not though.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gerri, I get all my six month scans but I have to push for them. They rather me not have them to save money. I did ask about the tumor marker at City of Hope and it was mentioned they don't do that either. As we know they really aren't reliable. But I have the place I'm at do them anyway. Mine always seems to be 15. Is it the City of Hope doing a clinical trial on tumor markers...and if so are you in this one?
I sent you the name of the onc I am seeing...I do believe you have the same one. She is awesome...I really like her.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kate, I am stage IIIA and my onc won't do the her2 serum test. I am not sure she even knows what it is? I am surprised that every time I bring up this test to *any* onc they look like they have no clue what I am talking about? I will have to copy
some literature on this to have on hand for them next time I bring it up.


Chelee
__________________
DX: 12-20-05 - Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++,Er & Pr weakly positive, 5 of 16 pos nodes.
Rt. MRM on 1-3-06 -- No Rads due to compromised lungs.
Chemo started 2-7-06 -- TCH - - Finished 6-12-06
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
Gerri
Senior Member
 
Gerri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 900
Chelee,

I sent you a PM regarding the name of the onc - same one! The tumor marker clinical trial is for newly diagnosed patients prior to any treatment.
__________________
Gerri
Dx: 11/23/05, Lumpectomy 12/12/05
Tumor 2.2 cm, Stage II, Grade 3, Sentinel Node biopsy negative
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
**********
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter