HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2007, 06:40 AM   #8
Hopeful
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,380
I did a little research

on Foxp3 after I read this. Seems it is also implicated in Hashimoto's thyroiditis, where the body develops antibodies to the thyroid hormones, an auto-immune disease. There has been a correspondence between this form of thyroid disease and bc, but the link has never been clear. Maybe this is the culprit? I also note that the Foxp3 mutation is on the X chromosome, meaning that mutations for women are inheritable from either parent. My father had prostate cancer, and I think that should have been seen as a bc risk factor for me pre-dx, but never was. Just MO.

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter