HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #7
Patricia
Senior Member
 
Patricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 96
me too

Hi Meredith,

I have also had a low level of episodic vertigo for about 5 weeks now as well, although yours sounds more pronounced than mine as I did not notice a change in my ability to walk well. I am unsteady though when I close my eyes, like when I wash my hair I wobble and feel like I am going to fall over so I put one hand on the wall to steady myself. The main symptom for me is that I feel like the world is moving and when I move my head or change my visual perspective I feel dizzy and it feels like there is a delay for it to all synch up. I get it in waves that can last from 1 minute to all day.

My onc told me to let him know if it got worse and he would schedule a MRI, I went to the internist yesterday to try to explore the non cancer possibilities and the internist thought it could be BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo - although I was missing one of the classic symptoms) and suggested I do the BPPV exercises (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ver...S00547&slide=1) for the next week. He said if it persisted after a week, it was definitiely not BPPV (because the exercises are like 95% effective at solving the problem) and to call the onc to get the MRI.

If you dont mind my asking, what was your stage of dx? I am curious if you are an early stager like me. I keep thinking it is highly unlikely for it to be mets for me given my early stage.

Hugs,
Patricia
__________________
age 37 @ dx 7/21/05: IDC 1.5cm, grade III, Stage 1c, ER /PR+, HER2+,
7/29/05: Partial Mastectomy
dx 8/15/05: Papillary Thyroid Cancer
9/15/05: Total Thyroidectomy
A/C X 4 DD, 11 weekly Taxol + Herceptin, + 9 mos Herceptin Alone, 36x Rads, Lupron, Aromasin
7/29/07: 2 years NED :)
8/6/07 Oopherectomy (Lupron no more! :-)
Aromasin & Estring plus Synthroid and supplements
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter