HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #5
Lani
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,783
first of all it was only methylene blue dye which caused the

false (ER) negatives and only in certain concentrations.

I believe there are other ways to check ER status, which would not be interfered with by the dye. Best to ask your surgeon to check with the pathologist. Some of these other tests may only be done at cancer centers rather than community hospitals, but most of these allow pathological second opinions by sending in your slides.

I did not mean to worry people, rather make them aware that their ER status might deserve to be reexamined if it would alter their treatment if methylene blue dye in the worrisome concentrations were used.

Be sure when given an opinion, that the person giving it has read the full article. I don't believe it is free online(sorry if I am wrong, although it would be great if I am), so many may not want to pay the $25 or so to access it before giving the opinion.
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter