HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Andrea Barnett Budin
Senior Member
 
Andrea Barnett Budin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Posts: 1,904
Wink Herceptin Poster Child

I've been on Herceptin since Nov '98 (when my 4th stage infiltrating lobular carcinoma + 2 nodes became multiple mets into the liver and Herceptin became available to HER2+ met bc patients at the end of Sept '98). I took it wkly until '01 when I began the triple dosage ev 3 wk plan. A PARTY!

I have major fatigue, my EF (according to ev 6 mnth ECHO cardiograms) remains good, even w/the small peri-cardial effusion that came w/Taxotere. It is believed too small to be considered malig and prob won't go away. I am joyful and grateful with each day. I was a post menopausal 50 yr old woman when initially dx in July '95. I have lived to greet 5 grandchildren and worship at their feet. I plan on attending their weddings. (They are now 10, 7, 3, 2 and 1 -- from 2 wonderful daughters.) I have felt lucky from the outset! It could have been worse, I figured. Christopher Reeve's accident was the May before my first dx. I could walk and feed and bathe myself, go to the bathroom myself. I was lucky. I feel blessed.

Some mentioned SOMEWHERE on these pages, before the hijacking I think, about troubles w/Herceptin. I can't refind those posts, so I've stuck this in here, hoping it will be seen. FROM THE OUTSET ('98), MY ONCS GAVE ME HERCEPTIN IN 500 ccs SALINE. About 6 mnths ago a new pharmacist put in the "usual" -- 250 cc saline. I got up and felt light-headed, shaky, spacey. Next time I insisted they return to the old way, "my" old way. It took some persuasion but they reasoned that I had done it that way for all those yrs so it would be okay. I believe it makes a world of difference! Wanted to share this important aside with you all.

When I first went on triple dosage, they put me on a quadruple loading dose over 2 hrs. Then they decreased the infusion time to 1 1/2 hrs., then 1, then back to 1/2 hr. That's where I was on wkly; that's where I've been since '01. Not a problem. Especially w/500 cc's saline.

MAY HERCEPTIN BE "YOUR" MAGIC BULLET TOO. MAY YOU BECOME A MEMBER OF WHAT I'M TOLD IS THE 1% CLUB. STAY STRONG, POSITIVE, DETERMINED, PROACTIVE AND INVOLVED! "KNOW" THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DETERMINE YOUR OUTCOME, TO HEAL YOUR BODY, TO CALL YOUR DESIRED DESTINY TO YOU! LIVE WITH JOY AND SERENITY (AND AWE AND GRATITUDE) FOR ALL YOU HAVE. And if Herceptin doesn't do the job of getting you STABLE and NED, then may Tykerb be your magic key to success. YOU HAVE THE POWER TO BECOME A WALKING MIRACLE! COME JOIN MY 1% CLUB. I AM PERSONALLY INVITED EVERY ONE OF YOU. Let's show everyone what passionate faith, determination and certain expection can do! Let us be a role model for those who will come after us. Sending loving, healing energy to all my soul sisters... ANDI
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter