HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 04:42 AM   #1
IRENE FROM TAMPA
Senior Member
 
IRENE FROM TAMPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TAMPA, FL
Posts: 568
Smile To Tricia And George

ToTricia- try not to get too down on your news. You are such a strong fighter with everything you have been through that I just know that this is just another curve in the road that you will overcome and straighten out again.

To George - It is 7:30 am. and I am at work checking out the site and your
letter to your wife made me cry. But my tears are for the beauty
and love of this letter to Tricia. It must comfort her tremendously
to have such strong support and love from you. This is a very
important part of the healing. Your strong love for her keeps her
strong George and I am sure she will once again rally as she
always does.

Both of you take care. You have made my day brighter this morning.
__________________
Irene from Tampa
1996 - INFILT DUCTAL CAR.W/ LYMPH NODE INVOLVEMENT. ADRIA/CYTOXIN/5FU
1999 - RECURR. TO AUXILA AND 2 TUMORS IN LIVER
TREAT: STEM CELL REPLACEMENT/HERCEPTIN.
2002 - RECUR TO LIVER
TREAT: NAVELBINE, THEN GEMZAR, THEN XELODA.
2004 - TUMORS STILL IN LIVER
TREAT: RFA TO LIVER
STABLE UNTIL
2004 - TUMOR PROGRESSION IN LIVER.
TREAT: RESECT HALF OF LIVER.
2005 - RECURR TO LYMPH NODE OUTSIDE OF LIVER.
TREAT: TAXOL/CARPO/HERCEPTIN. FAILED ON
THIS TRIO. STARTED ON ABRAXANE.
2006 - PROGRESS WITH 2ND TUMOR GROWTH.
TREAT: AUG. BEGAN ON TYKERB/XELODA
TRIAL. CONSIDERED STABLE TO DATE.
2007 - TAKEN OFF OF TYKERB/XELODA TRIAL DUE TO
PROGRESS STARTING TYKERB/AVASTIN.
NOV 2007 - SCANS SHOW PROGRESS TUMOR GROWTH
IN ABDOM. AND TWO NEW TUMORS IN NECK AREA.
BEGAN HERCEPTIN/AVASTIN/TAXOTERE
Feb 08 - Ixempra/Xeloda
June 08 - Her/DM1 trial

"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY."
IRENE FROM TAMPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
lynnw
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7
Hi Tricia,

Just wanted to share a few thoughts for you to consider in determining your next steps in treatment. While there may be nothing more to do surgically, there are other treatment options to consider to reduce the risk of recurrance. Like you, I had taxol/herceptin/carbo prior to my mastectomy and was left with some residual disease, 8+ nodes. Following surgery, I had four rounds of AC, every two weeks, followed by radiation. I was fortunate not to have any side effects from radiation. I am light-skinned but had only mild itching and no significant redness or burning. I was a bit tired, but I returned to work as a teacher and took care of my two young kids. Radiation was very manageable. Like other women on the board, I also had a year+ of herceptin only. I was 32 and premenopausal at diagnosis, so I also had my ovaries removed in order to take an AI. I don't mean to go on about all the treatments I had, but just wanted you to know there are still things you can do. I know you're disappointed to hear that it wasn't completely gone; I was too. Keep fighting, and don't resign to the advice of one doctor who says, "It's bound to come back." Be sure to get opinions from those who will work to make sure that it doesn't or who are at least trying everything!!

Take care,
Lynn
lynnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 AM   #3
Jean
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,154
Dear Tricia,
The radiation is very doable. Of course you will have some amount of fatigue
after treatments. What I found helpful was making my radiaiton appointments
as late as possible at my center. 8 PM. - or 8:30 pM..this way I had dinner with my family and by the time treatment was done (it is very fast - it takes more time to set up on the table) and I returned back home I would shower
get into in PJ's and snuggly down for the night and sleep..I found this did not
disturb my routine during the day and I was able to work and take care of
my house and family. If I needed an extra nap I would take it. The one time
I went early I felt wiped out by 2PM in the afternoon and I just could not
get anything done.

Attitude is important so do not let your dr.have you think you are doomed.
You have time to investigate, get several opinions, and make careful decisions. Say to yourself daily "I can beat this". A positive attitude will
give you the courage to go on, most important remember we are all here for
you.

Your Faith and the love of your family are also behind you.
I will keep you in my prayers.
Warmly,
Jean
__________________
Stage 1, Grade 1, 3/30/05
Lumpectomy 4/15/05 - 6MM IDC
Node Neg. (Sentinel node)
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:20 AM   #4
tousled1
Senior Member
 
tousled1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 2,104
Tricia,

I had 26 nodes removed and 14 were cancerous. My initial tumor was 2.5cm with a 3cm invasiveness for a total of 5.5cm. I just finished my Herceptin (3 treatments short of a year). Before my surgery we knew that my lymph nodes were involved - just didn't know how extensively. My oncologist told me Friday that with my bilateral mastectomy, chemo (neo-adjunct), radiation and Herceptin that my chances of developing mets were 20%. I think that's pretty good odds. I had Herceptin while I was getting radiation and my radiation was to the chest and entire lymph node area (axillary, chest and collar bone).
__________________
Kate
Stage IIIC Diagnosed Oct 25, 2005 (age 58)
ER/PR-, HER2+++, grade 3, Ploidy/DNA index: Aneuploid/1.61, S-phase: 24.2%
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter