HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2007, 04:42 PM   #11
skye

Newbie Herceptin stats

Hi everyone,
I'm just on my second dose of Herceptin and feeling very underinformed as to what I was in for.
First, I had a lumpectomy Dec. 2006, 2.1 cm tumor Stage 2, 0 nodes, ER+ PR- HER2+ FISH score 9.
Started 4 two-week cycles of AC and Cytoxan Jan. 8, then 4 two-week cycles of Taxol. Started Hercepetin on the third Taxol 9 days ago, and had my second Herceptin (alone) yesterday. Third one is coming up next Monday with my final Taxol, then I should be going to every 3 weeks. I'll do rads mid-May-June.Herceptin continuing til next April. My initial MUGA was 71.
I had what seemed like a mild cold last week, finally realized it was the Herceptin. The Taxol symptoms were so severe (like previous) that I didn't notice any new Herceptin symptoms...until Sunday night when I started getting chest pains that lasted through yesterday, 2 days. I tolerated a half-hour infusion yesterday with no benadryl or steroids, but when I got home my legs felt like they were burning and rashy spots broke out on my shins. They are better today. However today I feel pretty well for a Taxol week.

I'm very dismayed at the prevalence of side effects, does EVERYONE gain a lot of weight with Herceptin? Do the se's seem to be cumulative?

Thanks everyone else for sharing. - Skye
skye is offline   Reply With Quote