HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
juanita
Senior Member
 
juanita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: indianapolis, indiana
Posts: 1,544
I had a muga scan before I started chemo. And I agree, drink lots of water. You will have problems down the road if you don't
__________________
dxd 9-04, lumpectomy,
st 1, gr 3, er,pr-, her2 +,
2 tac,33 rads,6 cmf
1 yr herceptin,
juanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #2
Chelee
Senior Member
 
Chelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern, CA
Posts: 2,511
I had to have a ECHO before starting chemo also. They want to make sure your ok to start...plus it gives them a baseline to go by. I really don't understand why your onc wouldn't want you to have a ECHO or MUGA before starting AC? I would nicely push the issue and tell your onc you would feel more comfortable if you had an ECHO. I'm glad your doing ok and hanging in there during your AC. Just think...that's two done and out of the way. Sending positive thoughts.

Chelee
__________________
DX: 12-20-05 - Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++,Er & Pr weakly positive, 5 of 16 pos nodes.
Rt. MRM on 1-3-06 -- No Rads due to compromised lungs.
Chemo started 2-7-06 -- TCH - - Finished 6-12-06
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
Susan McQ
Senior Member
 
Susan McQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 33
My surgeon ordered my Muga before I ever saw my oncologist. The oncology nurse looked up my results before giving me my first A/C. She said she wouldn't have given me any if the results were low.

I've had 4 since I've been on herceptin. Last November, my ejection fraction was 65%, in February it was 49%, and in March 47%. I was told 50% was the low end of normal. Mine is decreasing because of the herceptin.

I had no indications of heart disease either. I was diagnosed when I was 39. As it was suggestion, politely ask for an echo or a muga. My understanding is that echo's are a little less invasive.
__________________
dx IDC @ age 39 Feb '06
stage 2 er/pr-, her2+
neoadjuvant chemo 4 A/C completed April '06, 12 weekly taxol/herceptin completed 8/06, lumpectomy 8/15/06 NED!
33 rads completed 10/06
weekly herceptin thru May 2007 --Stopped herceptin 4/07 due to drop in LVEF. Started Herceptin again 5/07
Final Herceptin 6/12/07
Port Removed -8/13/07
Susan McQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter