HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2007, 09:20 AM   #7
SoCalGal
Senior Member
 
SoCalGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LA LA Land
Posts: 1,607
tykerb/xeloda DAY 7

It took me nearly a week to get Tykerb w/Xeloda. Then it took me an entire night and day of obsessing to figure out what to take when. It didn't help that my doc's advice contradicted the Tykerb instructions. It did help to call Tykerb Cares, they were informative. Dispite the cheesy name, they do care and connected me to a pharmacist right away.

Here's my routine: I get up, (have to have my coffee), take tykerb then wait an hour (while I shower and get dressed, make up, house tidy, etc) and then I eat and then I take the xeloda.

The first few days I had some queasy waves but mild. Also have a loose stomach. I started taking CULTERELLE, a probiotic, and that really calmed my tummy gurgling and diarhia. I prefer Culterelle because they don't require refridgeratrion but any probiotic will help the gastro track.

Today is day #7 and so far I'm really doing okay. Reading stories of encouragement and survival, on this site, has been extremely helpful and hopeful for me. I am starting to get back on my feet, since the met. diagnosis of April 9th. Starting to breathe again and have hope. Thanks to all who takes the time to post. --Flori
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter