HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
TheresaM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 23
Ragini you do show one sign of hope...

Ragini: I am like you, except that I've never responded to any chemo or experimental drug at all, let alone for a couple of months. The only one was the EAP trial and I got about 5 weeks of response out of that before the Xeloda killed off a foot of my intestine and nearly killed me, and then the drugs stopped working since I had to go off them for a month. I have not experienced stability, let alone remission, in the 3.5 years since diagnosis. I am 41, with a 3-yr-old daughter.

The reason I say you have a sign of hope is because you DID respond to your various treatments, even if only for a short time. That is a good sign, it makes your chances of responding again that much higher. I'm terribly sorry for your pain, that is so wearying, and I understand your hopelessness because most of the time that is how i feel. I just started a new phase-II trial (Wyeth's drug HKI-272) that requires I fly 6 hours from Hawaii to Seattle every week for a while, then every other week. It is so fatiguing but I feel I have to keep trying. My mets are in my lungs, extensively throughout my lymph system, abdomen and skin.

By the way my hubby is from Singpore, and I used to live there. Are you treated at Queen E?

Theresa
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter