HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2007, 06:58 PM   #5
Mary Jo
Senior Member
 
Mary Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Posts: 2,582
Hello,

I was an avid exerciser many, many years before breast cancer. As a matter of fact, cancer was one of the reasons I decided to improve my health about 14 years ago. I quit smoking - took up powerwalking/jogging and lost weight. I had a lumpectomy 14 years ago in the same breast and area I developed breast cancer in 2005. I was told after a first look see in pathology at that time that they "thought they saw cancer growing." It was then sent away and examined by others and I was told no, I did not have cancer but "atypical hyperplasia cells WHICH are something they see in women who can develop breast cancer." Anyway, long story short - I took up exercising, quit smoking, lost 30 pounds and developed breast cancer 14 years later. Go figure.

Although I did still develop breast cancer I STRONGLY believe in exercise as a way to better our health and as a way to make ourselves feel better. I did 8 cycles of dose dense chemo and exercised most everyday. There were some days I didn't have the energy but I'd say 75 percent of the time I did at least 2 miles a day. I believe, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that exericse is what kept me "healthy" throughout chemo. I really do. I believe that my overall good health got me through it all pretty much unscathed.

So.............exercise - eat well - keep your weight down and stay positive. That's all we can control.

Hugs -

Mary Jo
__________________
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter