HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #6
Karen t
Senior Member
 
Karen t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 66
Cool Xeloda, Herceptin & Diarrhea!

Several comments here! First of all, I am on Herceptin and 2500mg Xeloda (down from 3000 which was too hard for my system). Also:

1. Herceptin causes diarrhea for me right after the infusion. I was getting weekly infusions and switched to once every 3 wks so that I now get the infusion the day before starting the Xeloda and there is no longer an overlap with the Herceptin.
2. The first couple rounds of Xeloda, I would have days of constipation followed by the rampant diarrhea (especially before cutting the Xeloda dosage). I quit taking stool softeners, etc., because they seemed to propel me toward the diarrhea. Now I eat a couple prunes every morning during the would-be constipation phase and that really seems to help.
3. For both the constipation and diarrhea, I take - as needed - a probiotic. The one I find most helpful is Natren's Trinity, a capsule that is in the refrigerated case at Whole Foods. This seems to even out all the rough patches and has been a lifesaver whenever I have had to take an antibotic for UTIs.
4. Went to Costco with my husband today and shared one chocolate and almond coated ice cream on a stick (an infrequent treat). Big Mistake, especially since tomorrow is the last day of my 2 wk Xeloda. Barely made it home and had excrutiating stomach pains and diarrhea plus nausea. No more rich foods at this "time of month."

Hope this helps. K
Karen t is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter