HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2007, 05:54 AM   #3
Sandy H
Senior Member
 
Sandy H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Norridgewock, Maine
Posts: 778
Not to confuse you but perhaps, I should share this with what happened to me on Tykerb. I was on it 7 months feeling find than I started feeling very ill. Couldn't explain how or why just felt like I wanted to roll up and die!!! I had been off the Xeloda for a week so knew it wasn't that. I stopped the Tykerb and felt better by the next day and by the third day I was fine. I mentioned that to my oncologist and he said that's the end of that for you, when your body does things like this it is saying it has had enough and wants no more. So no more it will be. I assume I have exhausted that drug. So taking it as a preventive may not be such a good idea where there is not alot of proven info on it as yet. Just something to think about and maybe, talk to the doctor about. Of course, this is only my experience that I am sharing and not trying change anyone that feels they want to take it. Everyone has to do what they are comfortable with. God luck and may God Bless and direct you in making the right choice here. hugs, Sandy
__________________
Dx. 03/01, Rt. IBC
AC/Taxatere
Rt. MRM-with graft Lt. simple
5 rads-skin mets
Herceptin, taxol, carboplatin (taxol seem to be the magic drug)
Navelbine & xeloda (did not work)
topical miltex for skin mets
Tykerb/xeloda
thoracentesis x 2 left lung fluid shows cancer cells
Port removal (4 years) with power port replacement
Doxil
Updated 05-07 Scans show no bone or organ involvement we shall see!




I shall not pass this way again. Any good I can do or any kindness that I can show let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter